Last year when Leonardo DiCaprio won his much awaited Oscar; all of us around the world were emotionally moved by his speech on environment. We all for a brief moment thought about all the terrible things that we were doing that harm nature and how we’re terrible at maintaining our beautiful environment. Knowingly or unknowingly we are ruining what is remaining of this beautiful planet.
We don’t actively think but at time we all feel like contributing in some way. We mostly don’t know how to do that. Nowadays, we waste lot of our time especially during the day. Whether sitting in front of the television all day, going out to party all night, or using our money and time on games like poker or online casino – this has become our life. Not to say that this is wrong, but we could devote some of our time to environmental conservation too!
There are a lot of fun activities out there that one can engage in which will not only help conserve the environment but will also entertain you. Today we’ll talk about how one can re-use waste paper. There is so much wasted paper around us and it contributes to so much of the garbage lying all around the world. If everyone around the world starts to re-use this paper, imagine the amount of garbage that would be eliminated?
Let’s look at some fun things to do with old waste paper:
- Make beautiful paper Mache with used newspapers and papers from notebooks.
- Paper Mache as most of you created during school time are decorative items that are made using water and glue. Old newspapers and used papers from notebooks can be used to create this. This can also be a fun activity for children in your house. You can also use this to make small paper Mache bowls and plates to hold small things like keys, pen drives, or artificial jewelry.
- Use up old newspapers and papers from old books for baskets.
- You can make medium sized newspaper holder baskets using old paper. These baskets are good for holding magazines or newspapers. These also make for a nice decorative piece of art in your living room. You can also make carry bags using this.
- Turn this into a fun drawing game for children.
- You can involve your children and their friends into a creative gaming activity. Get small children to use paper & ice cream sticks to make bookmarks, or small dolls. Allow them to get creative with this. Little girls can make paper jewelry with this as well.
Why do kids have all the fun?
If you are a grownup this is the time to put your creative mind to work. You can make wall hangings and lamp shades which can be used around the house. You can also get together with your friends and start a small business of water based artifacts. This will make for a great success story. Won’t it?
You should understand why it’s important to re-use waste paper. Firstly, it takes a lot of water and cutting down of trees to make paper. The same paper is wasted and left to be useless. Instead of wasting the paper that has been made through a long process and letting it rot into garbage you should pledge to re-utilize it today.