Earlier this week, J Money at Budgets are Sexy posted what he called his “Life List“. It simply included things that he would like to do if he had a bunch of spare cash laying around. I thought this was a good idea, and I’ve decided that I’d get one created as well. ( I also decided that since I couldn’t find a good picture, I’d swipe his artwork.) Without further ado, Here it is.
- Work for Myself – This is something that I’m constantly attempting to find ways to do. Currently, my monthly expenses are too high and my cash reserves are too low to think about doing something like this. What I need is a better bootstrapping mindset to get myself started as quickly as possible. This could include anything, as well. Producing something would be awesome.
- Teach people something – I’m not too sure what I would teach or to whom, but having spare cash lying around could allow me to get something really, really interesting going.
- National Parks Vacation - There are 2 National Parks in Wyoming, both of which are amazing and worth the trip (Tetons and Yellowstone). I’ve already seen these, so I’d take my national parks vacation to Alaska! Many of these parks are difficult to get to (including a personal aspiration of mine, Gates of the Arctic). I’d like to see every park and preserve in the state (Wrangell-St. Elias, Glacier Bay, Katmai, Yukon-Charley Rivers, Klondike Gold Rush Historic Park, Kenai Fjords, Aniakchak, Lake Clark, Denali, Bering Land Bridge, Kobuk Valley and Noatak) That’s 13 parks/preserves in the state, and because of the roads in the state, it’s easiest to fly (and sometimes the only way). It would be an expensive trip, but surely unforgettable.
- Make a Large Charitable Donation – This is something I’ve always wanted to do, but have no idea how to go about it. Maybe create and endow a scholarship or something, or just make a donation to the local animal shelter.
- Visit all 50 states – Something I’ve always wanted to do. Currently, I’m at32. My major empty spot is the South.
- Go to a restaurant and leave a very large tip/Pay for someone else in the establishment’s meal – I think it would be fun to tell the waiter/waitress that I’d like to pick up someone else’s check (but not let them know it was me) and leave them a large tip on top of that.
- Climb a ridiculously tall mountain on another continent – This just sounds like it would be a ton of fun.
- Visit Places – Currently on the list: Detroit, Brazil, Moscow/St. Petersburg, Maine, Alaska, Iceland, Greenland
These are the things that I’d do if I had some money to blow….What would you do?